Generations Gym Rules
Rules apply to both Gym Leaders & Challengers unless stated otherwise.
• Always follow /rules.
• Your Pokemon must be level locked at all times.
• Alpha League will be 3v3.
• Omega League will be 6v6.
• You must have all Alpha League Gym badges to challenge the Omega League (Note: You do not have to complete either league's gyms in order, although it is strongly recommended that you do)
• You may not have the Dynamax Band equipped while challenging a gym.
• You may only use 1 Legendary on your team IF the gym you are challenging, also uses a legendary on their team.
• You may not use Pokémon that are currently at an unnatural level per their evolution. Ex: You cannot use a level 10 Charizard in the Normal Gym because Charmeleon does not evolve into Charizard until level 36)
• Players and leaders are not allowed to discuss gym teams or strategies to be used against the gyms. (This includes Pokémon & move sets.)
• No using FEAR tactics or any variations of FEAR.
• You cannot use any Pokémon with the following abilities; Arena Trap, Moody, Power Construct or Shadow Tag.
• You cannot use any Pokémon with the following moves; Minimize, Double Team, Baton Pass or OHKO Moves (Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Fissure etc).
• You cannot use the following items; Alakazite, Blazikenite, Blastoisinite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Metagrossite, or Salamencite.
• You cannot use any Pokémon which are banned from the National Dex meta. (Click here to see a list of restrictions: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/national-dex/).
• You must abide by the following clauses in all battles; Bag, Baton Pass, Dynamax, Endless Battle, Evasion, Moody, OHKO, Sleep, or Species. (Click here for more info: https://www.smogon.com/ss/articles/clauses).
• If the opponent (Challenger or Leader) disconnects unexpectedly during the battle (or the Waiting Glitch occurs), wait at least a minute, do not heal or alter your Pokemon. If they rejoin, resume where the battle ended.
• If the opponent (Challenger or Leader) disconnects unexpectedly during the battle (or the Waiting Glitch occurs), and stat changes have been made you must restart the battle if they rejoin.
Challenger Exclusive Rules:
• You must always throw out your Pokémon before the leader.
• You must always start with the Pokémon you throw out.
• You may not borrow Pokémon from other players in order to challenge gyms, they must be your own Pokémon that you have trained with your own ideas.
• If you’ve purchased a Pokémon in a trade you may still challenge a gym as long as it follows the previous rules. (For example if you’re using the same team & strategy that a Gym Leader lost to the previous day, they may see fit to disqualify you - Gym Leaders may still disqualify you if they feel you’re using a Pokémon/team that’s not yours).
• Pokémon must be fully healed before each battle.
Leader Exclusive Rules:
• You may only use Pokémon that align with your gym type.
• Your Pokémon should be the same level as the level cap (e.g: Fighting leader's Pokemon should be level 45).
Gym Leader Guidelines:
• Always be nice & welcoming to Challengers of your Gym.
• Your team cannot be changed at all without contacting a Gym Manager.
• You're only allowed to reject a Challenger with a good reason, ask a Staff Member if you are unsure. If you apply for a Gym Leader position, you're responsible for accepting battles.
• You may not frequently AFK as it detracts from everyone's experience.
• Upon two weeks of inactivity, your Gym Leader status will be revoked. If Staff Members are notified beforehand, an extra two weeks of grace period may be granted.
• Gym Leaders will be given access to /gymleaderrrewards (or /glr in short), which gives rewards depending on how many battles you have completed.
Gym Leader Commands:
• /leader accept - Accepts the most recent battle request.
• /leader deny - Denies the most recent battle request.
• /leader give - Gives your most recent opponent their badge.
• /leader won - Marks the most recent battle as a win (to track your win/loss stats).
• /leader stats - View your win/loss ratio for each gym you're a leader of.