Generations Gym Rules
Rules apply to both Gym Leaders & Challengers unless stated otherwise.
• Always follow /rules.
• Your Pokemon must be level locked at all times.
• Alpha League will be 3v3.
• Omega League will be 6v6.
• You may not have the Dynamax Band equipped while challenging a gym.
• You may only use 1 Legendary on your team IF the gym you are challenging, also uses a legendary on their team.
• You may not use Pokémon that are currently at an unnatural level per their evolution. (Ex: You cannot use a level 50 Dragonite in the Normal Gym because Dragonair does not evolve into Dragonite until level 55)
• You may not use Pokémon that are over the Gym Cap.
• Players and leaders are not allowed to discuss gym teams or strategies to be used against the gyms. (This includes Pokémon & move sets.)
• No using FEAR tactics or any variations of FEAR.
• You cannot use any Pokémon with the following abilities; Arena Trap, Moody, Power Construct or Shadow Tag.
• You cannot use any Pokémon with the following moves; Minimize, Double Team, Baton Pass or OHKO Moves (Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Fissure etc).
• You cannot use the following items; Alakazite, Blazikenite, Blastoisinite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Metagrossite, or Salamencite.
• You cannot use any Pokémon which are banned from the National Dex meta. (Click here to see a list of restrictions: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/national-dex/).
• You must abide by the following clauses in all battles; Bag, Baton Pass, Dynamax, Endless Battle, Evasion, Moody, OHKO, Sleep, or Species. (Click here for more info: https://www.smogon.com/ss/articles/clauses).
• If the opponent (Challenger or Leader) disconnects unexpectedly during the battle (or the Waiting Glitch occurs), wait at least a minute, do not heal or alter your Pokemon. If they rejoin, resume where the battle ended.
• If the opponent (Challenger or Leader) disconnects unexpectedly during the battle (or the Waiting Glitch occurs), and stat changes have been made you must restart the battle if they rejoin.
• Ghosting (helping another player in their gym battle) is not allowed and will result in a disqualification.
Challenger Exclusive Rules:
• You must always throw out your Pokémon before the leader.
• You must always start with the Pokémon you throw out.
• You may not borrow Pokémon from other players in order to challenge gyms, they must be your own Pokémon that you have trained with your own ideas.
• If you’ve purchased a Pokémon in a trade you may still challenge a gym as long as it follows the previous rules. (For example if you’re using the same team & strategy that a Gym Leader lost to the previous day, they may see fit to disqualify you - Gym Leaders may still disqualify you if they feel you’re using a Pokémon/team that’s not yours).
• Pokémon must be fully healed before each battle.
Leader Exclusive Rules:
• You may only use Pokémon that align with your gym type.
• You must raise any Challenger's Pokémon to the level cap if under, if above they cannot use that Pokémon.
• Your Pokémon should be the same level as the level cap (e.g: Fighting leader's Pokemon should be level 50).
Gym Leader Guidelines:
• Always be nice & welcoming to Challengers of your Gym.
• Your team cannot be changed at all without contacting a Gym Manager.
• You're only allowed to reject a Challenger with a good reason, ask a Staff Member if you are unsure. If you apply for a Gym Leader position, you're responsible for accepting battles.
• You may not frequently AFK as it detracts from everyone's experience.
• Upon two weeks of inactivity, your Gym Leader status will be revoked. If Staff Members are notified beforehand, an extra two weeks of grace period may be granted.
• Gym Leaders will be given access to /gymleaderrrewards (or /glr in short), which gives rewards depending on how many battles you have completed.
Gym Leader Commands:
• /leader accept - Accepts the most recent battle request.
• /leader deny - Denies the most recent battle request.
• /leader give - Gives your most recent opponent their badge.
• /leader won - Marks the most recent battle as a win (to track your win/loss stats).
• /leader stats - View your win/loss ratio for each gym you're a leader of.