1.16.4 - THE NETHER UPDATE | SURVIVAL
Hey everyone! We hope you had an awesome holiday season!
For 2021, we are kickstarting the year by giving you some amazing news! As of right now, our Survival realm is now fully updated to 1.16.4. This means you will finally be able to use 1.16.4 blocks, and even venture around in the new Nether biomes and many more Ruined Survival updates!
Just to show how excited we are for this update, we will be throwing a 50% OFF SALE until 11:59PM EST on the 10th!
BEDROCK EDITION NOW SUPPORTED
First off, you can now connect to our Minecraft Java Edition Survival server with Minecraft Bedrock Edition!
Feel free to hope in using the IP and port below:
New Biome Types
- The Warped Forest is a variation of the Crimson Forest, with warped fungus, twisting vines, and nether roots found on the ground. Endermen spawn here.
- The Crimson Forest is a dense forest with trees made of nether wart blocks and weeping vines. Piglins and Hoglins spawn here.
- The Soul Sand Valley includes uncovered fossils, soul sand, large basalt pillars, blue fog, and soul fire. Ghasts and Skeletons spawn here.
- The Basalt Deltas are volcanic places made up of Basalt and Blackstone on the ground and roof, lava, magma cubes, magma blocks, glowstone, gravel, and mushrooms.
- This is now the new biome name for the Normal Nether areas
- Spawns in Crimson Forests and Nether Wastes biomes.
- Players can barter with them by right-clicking with gold ingots or dropping them on the ground, which makes them drop at least one item or block in return but the drop is completely random.
- Spawns in the Crimson Forests biome.
- Will avoid warped fungus, Nether Portals, and Respawn Anchors.
- Can be damaged by water and rain.
- Are immune to fire and lava damage.
- Can be saddled and controlled with a Warped Fungus on a Stick similar to a pig.
- Immune to lava and fire damage.
- A zombified variant of the hoglin, created when it is brought into the overworld.
- Spawns only in a Bastion Remnant.
- Holds an axe instead of a sword or crossbow.
- Attacks the player even if they throw gold ingots, or wear any gold armor piece.
- Can be used to craft the best tools and armor in the game by putting a diamond armor or tool with a Netherite Ingot in a smithing table.
- Can float on lava so you don't lose items.
- Crafted from 4 Netherite Scraps and 4 gold ingots.
- Made after smelting ancient debris in a furnace, blast furnace, or smoker.
- Can be crafted into Netherite Ingots using gold.
Soul Speed Enchanted Book
- Enchants Boots.
- Allows for the player to run faster on soul sand and soul soil.
- This compass will work in any dimension.
- This compass will point to the Lodestone it's linked with.
Warped Fungus on a Stick
- Crafted with a Warped Fungus and a Fishing Rod.
- Are used to direct Striders while riding (similar to a pig with a Carrot on a Stick).
Pigstep Music Disk
- Can only be found in Bastion Remnants.
Snout Banner Pattern
- Can only be found in bastion remnants.
- Fire lit on soul soil and soul sand will turn blue.
- It generates naturally in the soul sand valley biome in the Nether.
Soul Campfire, Torch & Lantern
- These blocks scare away Piglins
Nether Roots, Sprouts & Fungus
- Generated in the warped forest & crimson forest.
Warped Wart Block
- variation of the Netherwart Block, generates in the warped forest.
- Veiny looking blocks that comprise trunks on the huge warped/crimson fungi in the crimson forest & warped forest.
- Resembles grass blocks and comes in red and blue (crimson and warped).
- Emits a redstone signal when shot with an arrow and grows stronger the closer the arrow is to the center of the block.
- Can be found in fungus trees.
- This block makes up pillars of basalt and the spikey things of the Basalt Deltas.
- Has a Polished variant.
- Found in basalt deltas and is the alternitive source of cobblestone.
- Has a Polished, Chiseled Polished, Polished Bricks and a Cracked Polished Bricks variant.
- Crafted in a stonecutter with or by crafting four quartz blocks together.
Cracked & Chiseled Nether Bricks
- Cracked Nether Bricks are obtained by smelting Nether Bricks in a Furnace.
- Chiseled Nether Bricks are obtained through a Stonecutter or by crafting two Nether Brick Slabs together.
- Appears everywhere in the Soul Sand Valley biome.
- Light a fire on a soul soil block to get soul fire(blue fire).
- Can be crafted into soul torches and soul campfires.
- They grow in the Warp Forest biome, and only grow upward.
- They grow like vines, and can be climbed like Twisting Vines/Vines.
Block of Netherite
- Can be crafted back into Netherite ingots, and vice versa.
- This block can be stacked in a pyramid form to power a beacon.
- You will need 36 netherite scraps and 36 gold ingots to make one Netherite Block.
I am shocked that it even takes this much gold while I'm writing this..
- Can be used to craft all wood related items just like regular wood planks (except for boats).
- Isn't destroyed by fire.
- They come in blue or red (warped and crimson).
- Crafted with 1 Iron Ingot and 2 Iron Nuggets.
- Found in Bastion Remnants loot chests and can be found on ceilings.
- Can be smelted in a furnace to make Netherite scraps.
- Cannot generate exposed to air and is the second rarest ore in the game.
- Can only be mined with a Diamond Pickaxe.
- Obtainable by bartering with Piglins.
- Generate in ruined portals.
- Can be used to craft Respawn Anchors.
- Can't be used to make Nether Portals.
- Found in Bastion Remnants, when mined it has a chance to drop gold nuggets.
- Can't be smelted
Nether Gold Ore
- Only naturally obtainable in the Nether.
- Drops up to 6 gold nuggets when mined by any pickaxe and can be smelted in a furance to make 1 gold ingot.
- Crafted with Crying Obsidian.
- Used to set spawn points using glowstone as charges.
- Maximum of 4 charges can be set at once, with one charge being depleted each respawn
- Using it in any dimension that isn't the Nether causes it to explode and set fire to surrounding blocks, like beds in the nether and end.
- a Lodestone is used for compasses to point at that lodestone by interacting with the lodestone while holding the compass, and the lodestone also makes compasses work in other dimensions.
- Pillars in the Soul Sand Valley made of basalt.
- Massive fortifications found in the Nether.
- Have piglins and piglin brutes inside.
- Generated in Soul Sand Valleys, and are made of bone blocks.
- Generates in every biome in the Overworld and The Nether, and are made of Obsidian, Crying Obsidian, and dimension themed Blocks along with a chest full of cool loot.
1.16.4 Gameplay Changes
- 10 New Advancements
- Bartering is a new form of trading with Piglins and is a gameplay mechanic that allows the player to throw or right click a Gold Ingot at a Piglin and the Piglin will give an item in return.
- With the Smithing Table, you can now upgrade your Diamond tools into Netherite tools.
- Hoes can now be enchanted with Efficiency, Fortune, and Silk Touch.
- Farmer villagers now collect seeds from composters.
- Compasses can now be enchanted with the Curse of Vanishing enchantment.
- Treasure loot can only be fished up when fishing in open waters.
- New Ambient sounds in the Nether along with 4 new dimension unique songs.
Ruined Survival Bug Fixes
- MOTD Menu is unaligned on 1.16 based on chat size.
- Config errors in multiple plugins fixed.
- Fixed the Pickpocket CE.
- You can now do /r & /msg in combat.
- Fixed Kill Aura (Kill Aura is for EXP, not mob drops).
- Mobs do not spawn in pvp.
- Mob damage is now enabled.
- Fixed stacked zombies randomly disappearing while on fire.
- Made AE enchants more easy to read.
- Corrected the vote message (Took out the 5 skill credits part).
- Fixed the description of the Christmas Gkit in the store.
- Fixed the grammar on KoTH rewards.
- Removed the ability to fly in the /warp pvp.
- The viewing distance has been raised.
- Buffed Envoy Rewards.
- Corrected Chat Game spelling mistakes.
January - Staff Changes
- Landon promoted to Manager
- Cory - Overtook Leadership of Community Management
- Cody - Overtook Leadership of Staff Management
- Robin132231 - Overtook Leadership of Pixelmon
If you come across any sort of exploits, bugs, issues, or anything else, please report it on our Discord.
Anubis Public Discord: https://discord.gg/anubis
Anubis Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnubisMCS
Anubis YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLtSvt6qsm
Anubis Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anubismcserver/
Anubis TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@anubismcs?lang=e
Read more like this
Hello Anubis players! Exciting times are just around the corner with a series of updates over the course of the month of January! Today we will be showcasing a BRAND new Hub Lobby
Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa is coming to Pixelmon! Hop in now to enjoy the new Christmas Winter Wonderland, Limited Time Crates, and Daily Raid Boss and Events! UPDATE:Christmas Winter Wonderland (/warp Christmas)