The Generation 8 Update | Pixelmon
The most sought after update in Anubis history. The one you've all been waiting and asking for for months. Gen 8 is officially here on Pixelmon on all 4 realms! Introducing three new starters, Grookey, Scorbunny, & Sobble! Introducing over 20+ new Pixelmon, new Galarian forms, and coming soon: Legendary Pixelmon from Gen 8. This update will be going live this morning. Downtime for servers and modpack update begins now!
In order to play on the server with Gen 8, you will need to update your modpack to the latest version. The live servers will be going down for approximately 10 minutes each in this order to update to 8.0: PokeSands, PokeShield, PokeSword, then Origins.
ChangeLog for 8.0:
Added new Pokemon:
- Mr. Rime
- Galarian Yamask
- Galarian Stunfisk
- 8.0.1 - Sinistea
- 8.0.1 - Polteageist
- Added Gorilla Tactics
- Added Screen Cleaner
- Added Corrosion ability
- Added Innards Out ability
- Added Propeller Tail
- Added Ice Face
- Added Snap Trap
- Added Stuff Cheeks
- Added Tar Shot
- Added Snipe Shot
- Added Dragon Darts
Added Curry items:
- Curry (Base, Spicy, Dry, Sweet, Bitter, and Sour) (All below have these same variations)
- Sausage Curry
- Juicy Curry
- Rich Curry
- Bean Medley Curry
- Toast Curry
- Pasta Curry
- Mushroom Medley Curry
- Smoked-Tail Curry
- Leek Curry
- Apple Curry
- Bone Curry
- Plenty-of-Potato Curry
- Herb Medley Curry
- Salad Curry
- Fried-Food Curry
- Boiled-Egg Curry
- Tropical Curry
- Cheese-Covered Curry
- Seasoned Curry
- Whipped-Cream Curry
- Decorative Curry
- Coconut Curry
- Instant-Noodle Curry
- Burger-Steak Curry
- Gigantamax Curry
Added Curry Ingredients:
- Bach's Food Tin
- Bob's Food Tin
- Boiled Egg
- Brittle Bones
- Coconut Milk
- Fancy Apple
- Fresh Cream
- Fried Food
- Fruit Bunch
- Instant Noodles
- Large Leek
- Mixed Mushrooms
- Moomoo Cheese
- Pack of Potatoes
- Packaged Curry
- Precooked Burger
- Pungent Root
- Salad Mix
- Smoke-Poke Tail
- Spice Mix
- Tin of Beans
- Added the Robe Alter. With this update, the standard Pixelmon Robe will be accessible to everybody. The Robe Alter will be the new giveaway reward, and had you previously won a Robe on our Discord, you will already own this new one.
- Added Street Lights
- Added Benches (Acacia, Big Oak, Birch, Jungle, Oak, Spruce)
- Added Mugs (White, Pokeball, Pikachu)
- Added recipes for the couches.
- 8.0.1 - Added Mugs (White, Pokeball, Pika)
- Rare Candy can now be used on level 100 Pokemon to trigger evolution.
- Removed the 100 stat cap from vitamins, allowing them to be used for the 252 single stat cap/total 510 cap.
- Updated healing berries to heal a third of health rather than an eighth.
- Lowered the spawn ratio of Ilex Shines by like... a lot
- Added ability to have tooltips on Pixelmon itemblocks.
- Increased the hardness of Zygarde machines, no longer made of drywall.
- Limited shopkeeper's buy screen to the max stack size of the item they are selling, validates that limit server side. Sell limit not effected, as that always validates they have the amount in inventory.
- Removed the quantity modifier in the vending machine packets, as they are always limited to 1.
- Bikes can no longer be placed on the same block.
- Special textures have been converted to forms. You can access them by using the form spec now!
- Updated the Pokedex to allow for new entries.
- Pain Split no longer does direct damage. Will not trigger Disguise.
- 8.0.1 - Pokemon now follow the player if they are holding a mint.
- Fixed missing text for Wishiwashi's Schooling Ability.
- Fixed missing entries in the Magikarp Fishing Log.
- Fixed Old Fisherman giving multiple logs in some cases.
- Fixed Lucky Punch and Leek not applying critical modifier properly.
- Fixed an issue with natural Ilex Shrines not triggering events properly.
- Fixed some dying issues with Mareep.
- Fixed Large TV not dropping itself when broken.
- Fixed and incompatibility with fonts, resource packs, and mods that affect tooltips.
- Fixed client quests showing on servers.
- Fixed the Knock Off move for NPCs.
- Fixed Vanilla clients being able to connect to Pixelmon servers.
- Fixed Ability Capsule being useable on Zygarde.
- Fixed a crash related to Zygardes with an incorrect form.
- Fixed Bike rendering with the smooth animation setting.
- Fixed an issue with battles stalling due to form and level changes.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed Alolan sprties.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed Wooloo and DubWool not being shearable.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed Summer Raichu using the wrong model.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed the gen 8 water starters not having the correct ability.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed Scorbunny evolving into Raboot at the wrong level, (35 not 16)
- 8.0.1 - Fixed corviknight flying model's scale.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed the jump skined pokemon spawning in the wild.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed All pre 8.0.0 pokemon being given a hardy mint nature.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed an issue with special forms not overriding shiny properly.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed Silicobra's and Sandaconda's spawning files.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed a crash when starting a battle caused by a form change happening to quickly.
- 8.0.1 - Fixed some of Corviknight's level-up moves.
- Raised the boss pokemon spawn rate
- Added PCs to /safaris
- Added a new Gen 8 Key to the store
- Lowered the despawn radius for Bosses & Legendary Pixelmon
- Added furniture, more blocks, and more items to the /shop
- Fixed the shop showing nether warts instead of Diamond Hoes
- Fixed Sword Manor warp not working
- Fixed 2nd Npc in Rock gym being once per player (Now once per day)
- Fixed PsychicTM Npc at spawn
- Fixed the mines allowing people to break the surrondings and base layer
- Added starter npc to pokesands spawn
- Lowered cooldown on the Pixelmon Clear
- Illex Shrine bug is now fixed
- Added Gen 8 Pixelmon to the chat Trivia
- Adding pixelmon NPCs around spawn to trade your old starters for the new Gen 8 starters without needing to reset your player data
- Legendary's Should no longer despawn (Blacklisted them from despawns and clearing)
New Nitro Booster Rewards:
Boosting the server now grants the following rewards on each server:
New Store Changes, Sale, and 10k on Discord
In celebration of the new update and us reaching 10k Trainers & Explorers on Discord, we're having a 35% off Sale until the end of the month, on the 27th! We've also added a specific key you can purchase for the Gen 8 pixelmon on the store for all 4 realms, with a chance to win the shiny versions of all the Gen 8 pixelmon.
Other Server Changes
- Skyblock: Capped McMMO Levels on Unarmed and other skills to prevent abuse
- Skyblock: Tweaked Envoy Rewards
- Skyblock: Added Bamboo to shop
- Skyblock: Upped entity limit to allow the usage of spawn eggs
- Skyblock: Fixed Envoy crates being stuck in the ground
- Skyblock: Changed soulshop keys to be physical items and changed moneypouchers
- Skyblock: Nerfed Treasure Goblin Pets
- Skyblock: Fixed permissions for trash and getpos for Farmer rank
- Skyblock: Added our new outpost plugin
- Skyblock: Fixed spawn eggs not working
- Skyblock: Fixed clear lag messages
- Skyblock: Fixed placeholder for souls
- Skyblock: Added 21Pilots tag to the tags GUI
- Skyblock: Updated the Outpost shop to be a lot more OP
- Survival: Fixed permissions for mining and placing spawners for Official+ Rank
- Survival: You can now place Villager Eggs
- Survival: Added skull permission for Vizer rank
- Survival: Fixed rank displays in tab
- Survival: Added ptime permission for Artisan rank
Scheduled Updates for Quality
So for the parents and older folk reading this, this update was stressful y'all. Right now, the team behind Anubis is 2 full-time developers, and 2 part timers, as well as one new dev in training for full-time. We're working to bring on more software developers to the team to help scale the server properly. Ideally, I'd like one full time dev assigned to each realm as soon as possible. One guy to focus on Skyblock, one on each Pixelmon realm, creative, etc. Our order of focus right now is a mixture of Skyblock & Pixelmon, then Prisons (in progress) and Survival, and in the back of our queue is Creative, our least popular server, although it will be receiving love soon.
We're working on a cool system (this section is more for the developers out there who read our posts) to integrate docker and kubernetes for automatic deployments of everything from plugins to configs with git blame. This should increase productivity and really help us scale up the quality of the network. We've only been open for 4 months and we're already working on our way to be one of the best servers out there, it just takes time and a lot of man hours. With more devs, we can split the work load better and more efficiently, reduce stress on devs and push that over to management in order to make sure we meet payrolls each month.
With all of this in mind, I want to thank you and the community for making this possible. A lot of servers sit on their laurels. They make some money, camp around, and don't try to scale upwards. We're very serious about scaling the network to 5k players and potentially partnering to Microsoft overtime. This requires a strong internal team and a dedicated community and roadmap. Our roadmap currently is: Prisons Release, Pixelmon Content Updates, Backend Infrastructure Improvements, Survival & Creative Content Upates, then Skyblock Content Updates. We're moving dedicated server host providers this week and making some more changes to our team internally to cope with the amount of work needing done.
Thank you guys for supporting us. Seriously. We've spent anywhere between 11-16 hours a day on this project, myself and management included. I'm awake each day at 11am spending time on this with my team and I don't personally log out of our voice chat sessions until nearly 1am EST. Some nights we're on until 5am. Without the people we're doing this for enjoying what we make and put out, sending us feedback, and playing the game itself we wouldn't be here where we are today.
These are just SOME of the crazy amount of tasks we're working on behind the scenes right now:
Enjoy the update. Important links below. Thank you all.
Council Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2swoZANPeqFl_Z-Y-S48JJlStJE59ztiZ5Zt0oNFjcl5-Zg/viewform
Staff Application: https://discord.gg/3hzwmAc
Anubis YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLtSvt6qsms
Anubis Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anubismcs/
Anubis TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@anubismcs?lang=en
Anubis Community Discord: https://discord.gg/3hzwmAc
Anubis Twitter Channel: https://twitter.com/AnubisMCS
Clip Submissions: https://forms.gle/aiqjoeUxRMSN6XE99
Read more like this
Through the skies, comes new warriors upon us, rising to the top... who will make it to the top? Introducing GEARSETS! These gearsets are Legendary Ancient Gear only obtainable throughout day to day playtime. Each set has a special meaning towards it that gives benefits and perks.
Hello Trainers! Today we're announcing the release of a brand new adventure on AnubisMC: PokeSands!